Frequently Asked Questions About Neck Pain in Queens NY
Our Queens NY clinic sees many patients suffering from neck pain, so we answer lots of questions about this vexing problem. Here are some answers to frequently asked neck pain questions at Dr. Lee's Spine Center.
- How does the position of my head affect my neck? Your head should sit evenly on the top vertebrae of your cervical spine. Even small deviations in upper cervical alignment can place the neck muscles under unnatural stresses, resulting in tightness, spasms, and pain.
- How might my job be contributing to my neck pain? Does your workplace force you to crane your neck or hold unnatural head positions on a constant basis? If so, the poor ergonomics of your job environment could be contributing to vertebral subluxation (abnormal joint positioning) and strained soft tissues.
- What is "text neck?" "Text neck" is a great example of occupational neck strain. If you always have your head down to consult a smartphone/tablet screen, you may be suffering from chronic neck pain as a direct result. A computer monitor positioned too low can cause the same problem.
- My arm and hand are bothering me. Could this be related to my neck pain? Pain tingling, loss of sensation or weakness in your hand or arm could indicate a condition called cervical radiculopathy, especially if it accompanied neck pain. This condition is caused by pinched nerve tissue in the cervical spine.
- How do age-related issues cause neck pain? The spinal column loses height as its discs lose fluid content, putting strain on the vertebral joints in the neck. Shifts in cervical vertebral position can also allow less space for the spinal cord or spinal nerve roots, resulting in impingement-related pain.
- What is whiplash? Whiplash refers to the pain and damage caused by the sharp "whipping" of the head in an auto collision or other impact. The resulting disc problems, subluxation, and soft tissue injuries cause neck pain, stiffness and other symptoms.
- Does serious neck pain always mean surgery? Thankfully, most causes of neck pain can be treated without surgery. Our chiropractor, Dr. Lee, can prescribe a variety of conservative treatments to relieve your pain.
- What role can chiropractic care play in relieving my neck pain? Cervical chiropractic adjustments can bring your head and neck into correct alignment, relieving muscle strain. It can also relieve or reduce joint stiffness and nerve impingement in the neck.
- What other therapies can your Queens NY chiropractor provide? Spinal decompression therapy can shift herniated or bulging discs away from nerve tissue, relieving pain and other symptoms. Massage therapy relieves soft tissue pain and promotes injury healing, while rehabilitative therapy can restore your neck strength and range of motion. We can advise you on how to avoid "text neck."
Need the Answer to Your Neck Pain? Contact Our Queens Chiropractor
Let our Queens chiropractor solve your neck pain riddle. Call (347) 960-7774 today for an appointment at our clinic!