Shoulder Pain Relief from our Queens Chiropractor
Every year in the U.S., millions of men and women suffer from acute and chronic shoulder pain, including pain from car accidents, falls and sports injuries, and symptoms that arise as a result of repetitive use and wear and tear. Sometimes, the cause of shoulder symptoms can be difficult to determine. But no matter how different the initial causes may be, all types of shoulder pain have one thing in common: They all require prompt professional treatment to prevent them from becoming worse. As a leading Queens chiropractor, Dr. James Lee has extensive experience in providing shoulder pain relief for patients of all ages, relying on a variety of innovative and effective traditional and holistic techniques to achieve long-term results in patients from throughout New York City.
What causes shoulder pain?
The shoulder is a subjected to lots of movement and strain all day long, and that means there are lots of factors that can cause or contribute to shoulder pain, stiffness and reduced mobility in the joint. Some of the top causes of painful symptoms include:
- Dislocated Shoulder: The shoulder is a large ball-and-socket joint. A dislocated shoulder occurs when the ball portion of the joint “pops” partially or completely out of the cup portion (called the glenoid).
- Shoulder Bursitis: Your shoulder joint contains several small, fluid-filled sacs called bursa, which help promote smooth, pain-free movement in the joint. Shoulder bursitis occurs when these small sacs become inflamed and irritated.
- Frozen Shoulder: If you have chronic shoulder pain accompanied by significantly decreased range of motion, including difficulty raising your arms above your head, you may have frozen shoulder.
- Rotator Cuff Injury: The rotator cuff includes the strong tendons and muscles that support the shoulder and help it move. Rotator cuff injuries occur when these tendons and muscles become strained or damaged as a result of a traumatic injury or repetitive use of the joint.
- Muscle Strains, Sprains & Tendonitis: Muscle strains, sprains and tendonitis are among the most common shoulder injuries, and they’re most often associated with overuse, repetitive use and even age-related changes in the joint. Traumatic injuries can also cause strains and sprains.
How does a chiropractor provide shoulder pain relief?
Shoulder pain treatment begins with a thorough exam of your shoulder to assess the extent of your symptoms and to help pinpoint which structures are involved. X-rays or other diagnostic imaging will help “zero-in” on the cause so your treatment can be tailored to your needs. Depending on what’s causing your symptoms, treatment options can include physical therapy and gentle stretching exercises to promote circulation and reduce inflammation, massage therapy to stimulate natural healing in the joint, and spinal adjustments to improve nerve function so pain and numbness in the arm, hand, neck and upper back can be relieved. One of the benefits of chiropractic care is that it can be customized specifically for your needs to tap into your body’s ability to heal itself.
Schedule an Appointment with our Queens Chiropractor
Getting professional shoulder pain treatment as soon as possible is the key to a speedy recovery and a relief from pain and other symptoms. As an experienced chiropractor in New York City, Dr. James Lee is skilled in providing patients with the care they need to relieve pain and achieve better joint health. To find out what’s causing your shoulder pain - and how to relieve it - call Dr. Lee’s Spine Center at (347) 960-7774 and schedule an evaluation today.