Neck Pain Treatment from our Queens Chiropractor
A pain in the neck can make it impossible for you to focus or care about anything happening elsewhere in your body -- or anywhere else, for that matter. This debilitating problem may limit your ability to look around you, perform household chores, play your chosen sport or do the work that earns an income for your family. If you're worried about the prospects of relying on stiff painkillers, subjecting your neck to surgery or giving up all your favorite activities, put those fears aside and come to Dr. Lee's Spine Center for safe, non-invasive, non-pharmaceutical neck pain treatment.
Alleviating Neck Pain
Dr. Lee has several ways of treating neck pain in Queens; each modality focuses on treating the root cause of the pain and all of the different moving parts of the neck—from the vertebrae and the discs to the muscles, tendons, and ligaments supporting the neck:
- Chiropractic Care—First, Dr. Lee will evaluate the alignment of your whole spine, paying particular attention to the vertebrae in your neck. This is your first step to finding neck pain relief in Queens because if the vertebrae are out of alignment, they will pinch nerves, add undue pressure to the discs and strain the soft tissues. Using gentle, precise spinal adjustments, Dr. Lee can get your spine back into alignment to reduce pain.
- Massage Therapy—This is usually an integral part of our neck pain management in Queens. Massage relaxes tension between soft tissues and bone, making chiropractic adjustments easier before and after the fact. It also reduces painful cellular inflammation, increases circulation to heal tissues and pumps your own painkilling endorphins into the system.
- Spinal Decompression—If your pain is caused by a damaged intervertebral disc, targeted spinal decompression can help reshape and rehabilitate herniated, bulging, and degenerative discs.
- Therapeutic Exercises—To provide total, long-lasting neck pain relief in Queens, we coach our patients in gentle stretches and exercises designed to retrain and rehabilitate muscles that have been injured or weakened so that they can support a healthy neck posture. This helps prevent future pain by making you less susceptible to future poor posture problems which can lead to potential injury. Dr. Lee will also coach you on more ergonomic ways to perform daily activities that may have caused the pain in the first place.
Understanding That Nagging Neck Pain
Most cases of neck pain are caused by musculoskeletal issues afflicting this complex part of the body. The neck houses the cervical spinal column, which in turn accommodates the upper spinal cord and its nerve roots. Gelatinous discs cushion the cervical vertebrae, with muscles and connective tissues giving the entire assembly its ability to sustain the weight of the head and move in a variety of directions. Damage or stress in any of these components can produce neck pain.
The two main types of neck pain are chronic neck pain (an ongoing or recurring problem that bothers you for more than 3 months) or acute (the result of a one-time incident that eventually resolves itself). Specific causes of neck pain include:
- Acute auto accident injuries such as whiplash
- Soft tissue strain associated with specific sports or poor workplace ergonomics
- Unhealthy postural habits (including "text neck" caused by constant mobile device usage)
- Cervical misalignment that causes the head to sit crookedly on the neck, straining neck muscles
- Osteoarthritis, bulging discs, cervical spinal stenosis, and other forms of age-related degeneration
The Natural Approach to Neck Pain Relief
Your aching neck is in good hands when you consult Dr. James S. Lee at Dr. Lee's Spine Center. Our experienced chiropractor will ask you about your work and home habits, any recent injury, current symptoms, and medical history while performing a detailed examination of your cervical spine. Once the precise cause of your neck pain has been found, we can administer immediate care to relieve your pain and prescribe a customized natural treatment plan -- one that will very likely enable you to avoid surgery or heavy painkillers. We may recommend:
- Chiropractic adjustments to correct cervical alignment issues, relieving muscular strain and pinched nerves
- Spinal decompression to treat disc-related neck pain
- Massage therapy to enhance circulation to injured tissues in the neck, reducing inflammation, relieving pain and allowing for faster healing
- Therapeutic exercises to strengthen the neck and restore flexibility
- Lifestyle and ergonomic advice to help you avoid unnecessary neck strain
Call Our Chiropractor in Queens, New York
Conquer your neck pain the natural way with the safe, effective neck pain treatment techniques available to you at Dr. Lee's Spine Center. Call our chiropractor in Queens, New York today at (347) 960-7774.