Whiplash FAQ With Our Queens Chiropractor
Whiplash is a common injury that can be very disruptive to daily life. Many people affected by this condition don't realize that they've been injured. Being able to recognize the symptoms of whiplash, knowing when whiplash is likely to occur and what to do if you are affected by whiplash can help you get the treatment you need when you need it.
What is whiplash?
Whiplash is a condition that is caused by small tears in the muscles and ligaments of the neck. Whiplash usually occurs as a result of an accident that causes the head to be jerked around suddenly. This condition often occurs because of car accidents, sports injuries, personal injuries and occupational injuries.
What are the symptoms of whiplash?
Whiplash is characterized by symptoms like:
- Neck, back and shoulder pain
- Blurry vision
How long does it take whiplash to present symptoms after an accident?
Whiplash may take days or weeks to present symptoms after an accident occurs.
Why should you see a chiropractor after a car accident, even if you don't show signs of whiplash?
Your chiropractor can detect whiplash before you've realized you're injured. Seeing a chiropractor after an accident occurs can help you get the treatment you need.
What can your chiropractor in Queens do to treat your whiplash?
Your chiropractor in Queens can do a variety of things to treat your whiplash, including:
- Spinal adjustment. Spinal adjustment is a technique that chiropractors use to restore alignment to the vertebrae. Spinal adjustment helps eliminate subluxations, improves functioning of the central nervous system and restores the body's natural ability to heal itself. Spinal adjustment is the cornerstone of all chiropractic care, and is very useful for helping the body to heal after an accident.
- Stretches and exercises. We teach our patients to do stretches and exercises that help improve mobility and reduce pain. Our patients perform stretches and exercises at home and outside the clinic to help them speed the healing process.
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy is a technique that can help improve circulation around the injury, improve range of motion and reduce pain for the patient.
- Nutrition counseling. We teach our patients how to eat foods that reduce inflammation and encourage healing. Nutrition counseling can also give patients the energy they need to move forward with treatment and rehabilitation.
- Lifestyle advice. Sometimes patients can exacerbate their own condition by engaging in normal everyday behaviors. We administer lifestyle advice to help patients avoid these behaviors.
Where can you get chiropractic care for whiplash in Queens NY?
At Dr. Lee's Spine Center in Queens NY, we help patients get the care they need to recover from whiplash. If you've recently been involved in an accident and aren't sure if you have whiplash or not, don't hesitate to call our office. We can help you feel like your old self after an accident occurs.